Friday, January 29, 2010

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey....



I hate to say it, oh, I can't say it. I'm Canadian. I can not say I'm sick of hockey. I am suppose to love hockey. It's our sport. But I am thankful the Canucks are now on the road.
Wednesday night was their last night in GM Place til March 13th. I worked on the
FOX Midwest show for the St. Louis Blues. They are another awesome crew to work with.
Phil the director is quite funny with his singing. He makes me laugh. He is also a good
director. Tim the producer is very laid back and very nice. He is also quite funny with his singing. Danny is the nicest guy to be sitting next you in that font coordinating chair.
But, it was a long a draining day. Half hour pre-game show, the game, and half hour post game show. It was a noon crew call. Thank god, the FOX hockey plugin worked, the stats inc worked, and all I had to do was typed my little fingers off. By the time 4pm our lunch break, we had pre game graphics built, game and post game in the bag. As per usual, right at 7 Tim said he forgot one graphic, USA forward team board, not a big deal, Danny and I whipped it up. All in all, good game from chyron. Not a bad way to go into a break. You're only as good a you're last show. Back at CTV plant yesterday, I was building more hockey
graphics. Like the night before, and 3 past FOX games, a graphic on the Canucks upcoming road trip. 14 games, the longest in NHL history.
And what do I do on my dinner break, watch more hockey.
The Sharks vs Blackhawks, 2 best teams in the Western Conference. My friend was doing font for that game, so we were textin g each other all night. It turned out to be a great game. Hawks win 4-3 in OT!...maybe that's why I just can't give up hockey.
It's just a good game..and it's Canada's game!

1 comment:

Green Guys Behind the Bench

Green Guys Behind the Bench
Who are they?