Monday, August 16, 2010

Dog Days of Summer...

..are just about fading to black.  Where did those so called lazy days go?  In Canada it is a slow few months, unless you live in the eastern part of the country, there's hardly any work out west. A couple of football games, but that will only buy you, MAYBE a nice pair of Louboutins. But in the summer, all you need are flip flops.
Fonting AB Days Live from Winnipeg
My summer has been quiet. The only work I had was a summer solstice concert in Winnipeg for APTN.  I've been working this concert for the last three years. I love working on this gig.  The people at APTN are so nice to work with, the locations are an experience and the talent exceptional. This year being in Winnipeg was a chance for me to be back home.
See some friends, family, and enjoy being with friendly Manitobans. It was long 18 hour days, but so worth it.  I hope next year I get the call, I'd be there in a heart beat.
Now that the hot days are windling down, and the cold ones approach, so does the work. I received my hockey schedule a few weeks ago. The schedule is busy, and busy is good. I get to be back in an element I love being in...stressed and rushed...but it gets my blood flowing, and that mean your heart is pumping your passion.  Now as Vancouver braces a heatwave, I really should enjoy them as training camp for the Canucks starts in a couple weeks. Oh the cold days of winter!

ps...I'm off to Amsterdam for IBC for my summer vacation.!!
http://www.ibc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green Guys Behind the Bench

Green Guys Behind the Bench
Who are they?